Linda K. Fisher, Attorney at Law
Linda K. Fisher is an estate planning attorney admitted to practice law in Massachusetts. Attorney Fisher received an LL.M. in Taxation from Boston University School of Law in May 2008, a J.D., cum laude, from the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. in May 1996, an M.B.A. from the George Washington University, Washington, D.C. in 1989, and an A.B., summa cum laude, from Wheaton College, Norton, Massachusetts in 1982.
Attorney Fisher provides customized estate planning and elder care services that include revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, special needs trusts, ILITs, probate and trust administration, asset protection, Medicaid/MassHealth planning and qualification, VA benefits, estate tax planning, business succession planning, guardianships/conservatorships, and estate tax return preparation.
Prior to starting her own practice, Attorney Fisher was an associate with Peabody & Arnold LLP in Boston and worked in the business law department’s financial markets and corporate groups where she concentrated on municipal and corporate debt securities, as well as structured mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities. Specifically, she has been involved in revenue bond financing in the areas of water and sewer projects, airports and highways, and mass transportation, as well as the securitization of large pools of commercial and residential mortgage loans. Prior to working at Peabody & Arnold LLP, she worked for the Philadelphia-based law firm of Pepper Hamilton LLP in their commercial law department, with a focus on real estate, mortgage banking and consumer finance law. During law school, she was a law clerk with the General Counsel’s Office of Fannie Mae in Washington, D.C.
Attorney Fisher is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc. (NAELA), the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Norfolk and Plymouth Estate Planning Council, Wealth Counsel, and ElderCounsel. She is a former member of Rotary International and served as past president of the Rotary Club of Norwood.
Attorney Fisher is admitted to practice in the following federal courts: U.S. Tax Court, U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
- Protecting Assets While Qualifying for Medicaid,” Hosted by National Business Institute (NBI), Providence, RI, April, 2013.
- “Overcoming Challenges in Medicare Planning,” Advanced Social Security Benefits Update, Hosted by National Business Institute (NBI), Providence, RI, September, 2011.
- “Interplay of Government Benefits and Injury Settlements,” Advanced Social Security Benefits Update, Hosted by National Business Institute (NBI), Providence, RI, September, 2011.
- LL.M. in Taxation, Graduate Tax Program, Boston University School of Law, Boston, MA
- J.D., cum laude, Columbus School of Law, The Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.
- M.B.A., Business Economics and Public Policy, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- A.B., summa cum laude, Wheaton College, Norton, MA.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Massachusetts