We are Hiring – Legal Administrative Assistant
Seeking a bright, motivated and driven legal assistant to provide secretarial, clerical, and administrative support to a busy estate planning and elder law attorney and paralegal.
Experience as a legal assistant in a small or medium law firm is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Welcoming personality and team-oriented attitude.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Empathetic and patient with elderly clients.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Maintain reliable attendance record and punctuality
- Demonstrate the willingness to undertake additional responsibilities and assist others when requested.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Clio and/or Lawmatics desirable.
- Answer telephones
- Greeting visitors and engaging the clients and their families in a warm, friendly and professional manner
- Scheduling and confirming client meetings and conducting intake of potential clients
- Communicate with clients, courts, estate representatives and government agencies regarding appointments and file status
- Managing firm calendar
- Scanning, filing and copying documents
- Manage and update client management database
- Preparing and modifying documents including correspondence, cover letters, engagement letters or emails
- Format Word documents/Proofreading/PowerPoints/PDFs
- Assisting paralegal/attorney with document assembly and estate planning binders
- Ordering supplies for the office; staying on top of office needs
This is not a paralegal position. JD’s, law students and attorneys will not be considered.
If interested, please forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are interested in, and how you are a good fit for, the position. Competitive Salary and PTO.